Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Busy March

I haven’t been posting as frequently as usual this month. Instead, I’ve been taking part in some special events.

I participated in Rutgers University’s Celebration of Recently Published Faculty Authors on March 25. This was because I teach part-time at the university and also authored one of the chapters in the Hall Institute’s book Reaction and Reform in New Jersey.

I presented two papers at academic conferences.

THE IMPACT OF NEW JERSEY NEWSPAPERS ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE STATE’S TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE at the Joint Meeting of the American Journalism Historians Association and the History Division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (on March 15 at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City).

HAS ELECTION COVERAGE ENTERED A BRAVE NEW WORLD? at the 12th Annual Meeting of the New Jersey Communication Association (on March 22 at Marymount Manhattan College).


Earlier in the month, I spoke on a panel entitled "Media Viewpoints” at the Leadership New Jersey Seminar on Government and Politics in Trenton on March 13.

I also was a guest speaker at two Rutgers University classes -- Mass Media, Government and on March 5 and the New Jersey Leaders of Tomorrow Presidential Internship class on March 4.

No comments: